Tuesday 12 July 2016

VoLo-e board Electric longboard skateboard

So this is my new baby :) When I got her, she was priced at just under £300 plus  £16 courier delivery charge on eBay.


Searching for new electric skateboards on eBay reveals many different makes and models typically ranging in price from  £230 to  £1500. There seem plenty of electric long boards from Chinese sellers, typically in the price range of  £299 to  £449. The specs look pretty good and some even look better than the VoLo-e board that I settled for. However, what brought me to the VoLo-e board was the impression that this was a supplier and manufacturer from the UK. When/if things go wrong I much prefer to speak with someone who is in the same country. That someone is called Stephen and I believe he is the man behind voloeboards.co.uk. I have found him to be very patient with all my questions both prior and after my purchase.

The VoLo-E longboard is not a high end electric skateboard in my opinion. It doesn't have dual drive motors (only one motor is powered), the motor is not built into the wheel but rather drives the wheel through a belt, the total travel distance is claimed as 4-6 miles, and the maximum speed is claimed as 14mph. But its actually a really great board and fantastic value for money! I've done more than 100 miles distance on it already and its proving very reliable. When you receive the board it is supplied with a battery charger and small tool kit. The specs for the board are as follows:

-Ride-time of between 45 mins to 1 hr at top speed (approx 4-6 miles)
-Top speed of 14mph or 22.5kph
-A powerful brushless, in-runner belt driven motor unit (fully enclosed)
-Forward and reverse gear
-A 250w 24v 5 amp unit and lithium-ion battery pack
-A Bluetooth pistol grip speed controller with regenerative charge braking for extended battery life
-Optional slower mode option for younger..or novice riders
-9 ply maple deck with blue poly centre core for maximum strength and flexibility
-A deck side grip for easy transportation
-78A PU 90mm wheels fitted with blue seal Abec-7 bearings
-2 to 4hr charge pack included
-8 kg weight

What finally sold VoLo-E and the whole idea of electric long boards to me was when I watched their video:


14 comments:

  1. Now I see where you got the GoPro idea from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. I just need a secure way to fix it to myself as there are too many vibrations when I take video with the camera mounted on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our site. Thanks for sharing the best information about best Electric longboard skateboard and it helps to buy electric skateboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These electric longboards are awesome! I was just gifted with one on my last birthday. I was a fan of traditional skateboards but these are way too fancy and cool! I definitely love it. I've been reading a lot about these boards lately because I've found them so convenient to use! I should've gotten them earlier if I've know how easy and fast it is to go from my house to my office a few blocks away. Yeah, walking is my exercise but there are times when you've got to arrive in the office fast - and the electric longboard has provided that. See more of it here: http://myoutdoorslife.com/gear/fitness/best-electric-longboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valuable information in your blog and I really appreciate your work and keep it up dude I really very informative blog about the motorized skateboard well done..
    motorized skateboard

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Electric Skate Boards enables you to movement as quick as activity, accelerate slopes and brake delicately down them as you energize your batteries, shrieking your most loved happy tune through grinning teet

    ReplyDelete
  7. 14mph for 1 hour is 14 miles not "4-6 miles"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post.
    top-10-best-skateboard-bearings

    ReplyDelete
  9. We purchased a segway aboard and cart for our son's birthday, he was totally over the moon, would definitely recommend this company -
    eskateboardall UK parts, fast delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The writer has outdone himself this time. It is not at all enough; the website is also utmost perfect. I will never forget to visit your site again and again. https://longboardbrand.com/best-skateboard-cruising/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. electric skateboard

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    electric skateboard remote app

    ReplyDelete
  13. The portability of electric skateboards makes them ideal for urban commuters who need a compact and efficient mode of transportation. best electric skateboard

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best Cheap Electric Longboards that you can easily afford? If yes then rest assured you are going to discover a lot about Cheap Electric Longboards.
    Cheap Electric Longboards

    ReplyDelete