Thursday 3 November 2016

Overtaken by a fellow electric skateboarder

These last few weeks have been perfect for Skateboarding. No rain and not too cold. Everything is working to make it a pleasurable ride. Gloves to keep me warm and lights to keep me visible.
I'm  pretty used to the feeling of whizzing past joggers and the less fit cyclists on my board. But imagine my surprise yesterday: First I heard someone shout "electric skateboard". I shouted "yes", to hear the response "me too". At that moment, he came into view, nodded a look of respect and then accelerated in front on his electric skateboard. I couldn't make out what the board was but it definitely was a superior (most probably more  expensive) beast to mine. He had a controller that cupped into his hand (did not look like a gun).  I was doing around 13mph. He was definitely going faster.
I've been commuting on my board since summer. It's the first time I've seen another person on an electric skateboard in my city. Let's hope there will be more...

No comments:

Post a Comment