Saturday 8 October 2016

Comments from the British public

I like to think off myself as a quiet unassuming person and don't like to make a big deal of things. But I have fast concluded that travelling on an electric skateboard certainly causes a stir with the public. The amount of comments received as I whiz by various pedestrians is quite surprising. I never realised before how vocal Joe Public is.

Mostly the comments are complimentary or I take them as complimentary. I am including a recent comment I heard one bloke say to the other as I overtook them. What they said actually made me laugh to myself, basically it was a comment going along the lines of "whoa that's an electric powered skateboard, he must be f*@king lazy".

Yesterday, I got a comment  on my outward and return journey from work. Whilst speeding along a cycle path in the early hours of the morning,  a well dressed older gentleman stuck up his hand and gestured to me to stop. Thinking there was an issue I did stop but you know what he said to me? He said "is that a skateboard you are on?". Yes I said wanting to face-palm and giving my excuses to depart as I was now late for my train. Then in the evening a cyclist in serious cycle gear sped past me and shouted "well that's flash".


No comments:

Post a Comment